Don't keep this Ace up your sleeve, but under your favourite shorts or pants. The moisture-wicking, stretchy fabric, flat-locked seams and chamois will enhance your riding comfort when worn under mountain bike shorts, jeans or commuting trousers.
- Made of polyester jersey with 15% LYCRA® for great stretch and excellent memory.
- Durable wicking finish has a smooth surface and manages moisture for a comfortable ride.
- Volata chamois uses 2D category pads rated for medium distance rides. The centre of the pad is 3mm open-cell foam, and the perimeter is 2mm foam, to put extra cushioning where you need it most. The quick-drying pad offers great stretch and moisture transfer, and has an antimicrobial finish.
- Four-panel construction for a good, sleek fit.
- Low-profile elastic waist reduces bulk.
- Flat-locked seams eliminate chafing.
- Gripper elastic in legs will keep them from rolling up.
Wondering what to bring hiking? Even if you’re only planning to be out for a few hours on a day hike, it’s important to pack some essential items. Weather can change quickly outdoors, and something as simple as a rolled ankle might mean you’re out longer than expected.
The essentials for hiking and camping (or any activity in the backcountry) are often called “The 10 Essentials.” The 10 essentials list below is adapted from Mountaineering: Freedom of the Hills, which groups the essentials into systems.
Before you start packing
Be a smart hiker by being prepared. Knowledge and skills won’t fit in your backpack, but they’re critical to have – if you’re a beginner, check out local hiking groups and learn tips at MEC backcountry workshops. Know your route and plans before you leave, always leave a trip plan with a trusted friend, and make sure your footwear is trail-worthy and comfortable.
the 10 essentials (plus 1):
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Gripper elastics prevent the cycling shorts from riding up and leg and arm warmers from sliding down.
A treatment that inhibits bacteria growth and reduces odour.