A block heater for your body, this very warm and rugged down parka is cut with enough room to wear over a light sweater or mid-weight fleece. The outer shell is tough, water-resistant, and great for dry, cold, squeaky snow conditions.
- Shell fabric is abrasion-resistant 100-denier polyester with an excellent DWR treatment to provide water-resistance in all but the wettest settings.
- Lining fabric is 30-denier nylon with a DWR treatment.
- Insulated with 550 fill-power goose down. Two layers of sewn-through insulation in the front, one in the back.
- Integrated hood with shockcord closure and removable 100% polyester faux-fur trim. The furriness is soft against your neck when the hood is down, and blocks out blustery conditions and spindrift when worn up.
- Fleece-lined collar.
- Insulated zipper flap with snap closures.
- Two external cargo pockets have flaps and snap closures. Two internal cargo pockets have huge capacity.
- Two fleece lined handwarmer pockets are high on the chest.
- Internal chest pocket with electronics cord portal.
- One upper arm pocket with a zip, one more that closes with a snap.
- Waist drawcord with a snap closure powder skirt.
- Knit cuffs on sleeves seal out the cold.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.