This is our top-of-the-skyline mountaineering jacket. Just the thing for getting in, getting up, and getting out, in all types of conditions. It boasts new GORE-TEX® Pro Shell® technology, which replaces the knit tricot traditionally used on the inside of 3-layer waterproof-breathables with a light, yet rugged, woven fabric. The result is a garment that's lighter, more compact, with better breathability, and increased abrasion resistance than previous GORE-TEX fabrics.
- Face fabric is 70-denier nylon in high wear areas for toughness, 40-denier elsewhere for lightness and ease of movement. Pro Shell membrane is waterproof, windproof, and highly breathable. Backed with a breathable, woven fabric.
- Adjustable, helmet-compatible hood, with interior adjustments for a snag-free profile.
- Glued-in zips offer clean low-profile construction.
- Waterproof front zip with storm flap, to keep the elements out.
- Two front pockets with large capacities.
- One exterior chest pocket.
- Large underarm zips, for shedding heat and perspiration on the go.
- Articulated elbows for easier overhead placements.
- Hang up free, hem and waist adjustments inside pockets.
- Partially elasticized cuffs with Velcro® tabs provide a snug yet mobile fit.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.