This is our top-of-the-skyline mountaineering jacket. Just the thing for getting in, getting up, and getting out, in all types of conditions. It boasts new GORE-TEX® Pro Shell® technology, which replaces the knit tricot traditionally used on the inside of 3-layer waterproof-breathables with a light, yet rugged, woven fabric. The result is a garment that's lighter, more compact, with better breathability, and increased abrasion resistance than previous GORE-TEX fabrics. Couple that fabric performance with a whack of peak-worthy features, and you've got the Synergy.
- Face fabric is 70-denier nylon in high wear areas for toughness, 40-denier elsewhere for lightness and ease of movement. Pro Shell membrane is waterproof, windproof, and highly breathable. Backed with a breathable, woven fabric.
- Adjustable, helmet-compatible hood, with interior adjustments for a snag-free profile.
- Glued-in zips offer clean low profile construction.
- Waterproof front zip with storm flap, to keep the elements out.
- Two front pockets with large capacities.
- One external chest pocket.
- Large underarm zips, for shedding heat and perspiration on the go.
- Articulated elbows for easier overhead placements.
- Hang up free, hem and waist adjustments inside pockets.
- Partially elasticized cuffs with Velcro® tabs provide a snug yet mobile fit.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories: