These are our top-of-the-line alpine climbing pants, with new GORE-TEX® Pro Shell® technology. The knit tricot traditionally used on the inside of 3-layer waterproof-breathables is replaced with light, rugged, woven backing fabric. The result is a lighweight garment, that is more compact, breathes better, with increased abrasion resistance than previous versions.
The cut is designed for compatibility with a harness. Narrow design through the leg ensures you don't catch your crampons, but still provides good mobility.
- 3-ply fabric is 70-denier nylon in high wear areas for toughness, 40-denier elsewhere for lightness and ease of movement. Pro Shell membrane is waterproof, windproof, and highly breathable. Backed with a breathable, woven fabric.
- Reinforced butt, thighs, and knees, for added abrasion resistance.
- Waist closure has two innovative slide snaps that are more secure than regular snaps. Slide (don't pull) them open. Waterproof front zip and internal waistbelt.
- Articulated knees for mobility.
- ¾-length non-separating taped zips are waterproof, with two sliders for easy entry and venting.
- Hem drawcord at ankle with snap closure.
- Kick patches for exceptional durability.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|