Our top-of-the-skyline mountaineering bibs – just the thing for answering the beckoning call of the spires. New GORE-TEX® Pro Shell® technology replaces the knit tricot traditionally used on the inside of 3-ply waterproof-breathables with a light, rugged, woven backer fabric. The result is a garment that's lighter, more compact, with better breathability, and increased abrasion resistance than previous GORE-TEX fabrics. Couple that performance with a whack of peak-worthy features, and you've got the Synergy.
- Face fabric is light 40-denier nylon and tough 70-denier nylon in high-wear areas (ankles, knees, and rear) with a highly breathable, wind and waterproof GORE-TEX Pro Shell membrane.
- Suspender upper has stretch woven material and mesh for layering comfort and breathability.
- Elasticized lumbar region provides some waist tension and sits above a harness.
- High-waisted cut for added coverage in the mountains.
- Two abdomen level stash pockets.
- Through-the-crotch zip with double sliders.
- ¾-length non-separating side zips are waterproof, with two sliders for easy entry and venting.
- Kick patches for exceptional durability.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
|Venting||¾-length waterproof leg zips|
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.