Our top-of-the-line alpine climbing jacket uses GORE-TEX® Pro Shell® technology, which replaces the knit tricot traditionally used on the inside of 3-layer waterproof-breathables with a light, rugged, woven backing fabric. The result is a garment that's lighter, more compact, with better breathability, and increased abrasion resistance than previous GORE-TEX fabrics. We've teamed this fabric performance with a slimmer, articulated cut that accommodates vertical climbing moves.
- Face fabric is 70-denier nylon in high wear areas for toughness, 40-denier elsewhere for lightness and ease of movement. Pro Shell membrane is waterproof, windproof, and highly breathable. Backed with a breathable, woven fabric.
- Helmet-compatible hood has two-way adjustment at the back and drawstring closure.
- Glued-in zips offer clean low profile construction.
- Waterproof front zip with storm flap, to keep the elements out.
- Two chest pockets with internal bellows for added capacity.
- Large underarm zips for shedding heat when the pressure's on.
- Arm and torso patterning suits full range of motion and overhead reaches needed for climbing.
- Interior hem adjustments for a snag-free profile.
- Partially elasticized cuffs with Velcro® tabs for a snug yet easy-moving fit.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
|Pockets||2 external chest|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.