Named for the Paris/Roubaix cycle race, also known as the Hell of the North. Canadian cyclists also know a few things about cold-weather riding, and these tights are excellent for road rides on cold, dry days throughout the fall and winter. The windproof front panels are water-resistant to shrug off showers. The back panels provide warmth, stretch, venting and moisture transport. A chamois-free design lets you team these tights up with your favourite cycling shorts for maximum comfort and versatility.
- Front panels are 54% nylon, 35% polyester, 6% spandex, 5% polyurethane with a DWR treatment.
- Thermoroubaix rear panels are 54% nylon, 26% polyester, 20% spandex.
- Flat braided waist drawcord.
- Strategically placed reflective treatment on thighs and backs of calves for optimal side visibility in traffic. (Note: Due to a fabric/tape compatibility issue that may cause the reflective tape on the back of the calves to peel, we've reduced the price of these tights.)
- Zippered legs to ease on and off, with locking zipper heads.
- Articulated knees for ride position comfort.
- Gripper elastic at ankle cuff.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.