Named for a classic 34-pitch route in the Bugaboos, and designed for moving rapidly in the mountains. The newly designed fleece fabric is extremely lightweight and has the features of a true mid-layer. When you're working hard, you can shed your outer layer and the high air-permeability allows the wind to carry off heat and moisture, so you don't get soaked with sweat. When you start to cool down, pull on a shell jacket without feeling all bulked up, and the fabric continues to transport moisture vapour outward. It's complemented with a minimalist design and a cut that suits the vertically oriented. The waist won't ride up when you're putting in a high piece, navigating a steep traverse, or swinging an ice tool.
- Stretch fleece fabric is resilient and doesn't lose its loft. Made of 100% polyester.
- Warm with high air-permeability, 300 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is really quite good.
- Flatseam construction for comfort under layers.
- Deep zip for good venting.
- Single zippered pocket (get over it, that's why you have a pack).
- Enclosed drawcord at waist.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.