Slip on this jacket for a backpacking weekend, for a day hike, or just a soul-restoring stroll after work. It delivers the waterproof-breathable comfort of 2-layer GORE-TEX® and won't break your wallet. The fit is stylish, yet roomy enough for insulating layers beneath. A supple polyester lining makes the Monsoon soft and quiet, without the cardboardy feel often found on inexpensive waterproof-breathables.
- Made of 2-ply nylon GORE-TEX with fully taped seams.
- Lined with 100% recycled, heavy metal-free polyester.
- Two large easy-access handwarmer pockets.
- One external chest pocket, and one internal security pocket.
- Zip-off draw-corded hood features extra-secure, weather-resistant hidden button attachments.
- Waist and hem cinch toggle adjustments.
- Thigh-length cut for maximum weather protection.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.