Based on Shred Ready's Shaggy helmet, this super-tough helmet has an additional 2cm around the edge, for better noggin protection.
- Fibreglass and Shredlar (aramid fiber) impregnated with marine vinylester resins.
- Multi-impact foam liner laminated to closed-cell foam.
- H.O.G (Hand Of God) retention system fits behind nape of neck for secure fit.
- Stainless steel rivets and burrs resist corrosion.
- One size with fitting pads to customize the fit.
- Certified CE 1385 international standard.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Shell material||Glass and aramid-reinforced plastic|
|Fit system||Adjustable dial + interchangeable foam pads|
|Inner material||Vinyl Nitrate|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).