This skookum, storm-ready layer will keep the wheels turning in wet and windy weather. It’s been tested in the worst conditions we could find, and performed like a superhero, making it an ideal solution for year-round commuters and hardcore randonneurs alike. The fabric used has exceptional breathing properties, but the heat generated by a cyclist can quickly overwhelm any fabric, so this jacket is engineered with excellent venting features at front, back and sides.
- Made of 100% polyester Entrant®, a waterproof-breathable fabric with Kudos XR DWR (durable water repellency) treatment. It’s very well-suited to cycling because it breathes steadily to keep the rider comfortable.
- An integrated storm collar creates a gasket to keep out wind and cold, significantly improving the jacket’s overall warmth while preventing warm air from escaping around your neck.
- The two-way front zipper lets you open from the bottom by a few centimetres so the jacket vents via the rear pocket, yet at the same time you can keep it zipped tight at top and stay dry in the pouring rain.
- Full-length pit zips open all the way to the hem.
- The storm collar has an inside knit collar with a cinching drawcord.
- The hung-drop mesh back pocket improves rear venting and creates a Bernoulli effect by streamlining the airflow. It also creates structure in the pocket when it’s loaded, avoiding sagging pocket syndrome.
- Napoleon pocket on front provides easy access to keys, wallet, phone, etc.
- Die-cut reflective elements are strategically placed in high-visibility areas to optimize safety.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.