Feathers are notoriously light, but they seem to keep birds warm and comfortable. This vest is named for a feather because of its low weight, serious windproofness, and ability to resist light rain. In other words, its ability to keep cyclists comfortable in blustery conditions. It’s compact enough to stuff in your pocket when you set off on one of those days that looks like it could turn nasty.
- The shell is 100% recycled polyester ripstop with a DWR (durable water repellency) treatment. Note: it is not waterproof.
- Mesh is 100% polyester, placed under the arms and in back panel to increase ventilation and help avoid over-heating.
- Armholes are finished with stretch binding for a clean, aerodynamic look.
- Three back pockets with reflective trim.
- Reflective trim throughout garment to maximize visibility.
- Exposed zipper makes one-handed operation easy while riding.
- Hem is elasticized to cinch out cold gusts.
- Performance fit to minimize fabric drag, noise, and flapping.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Face fabric||Recycled polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
|Pockets||3 back drop-in|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Product Sustainability||Recycled content|