Taking a sighting in mid lake from your canoe, or wading out to midstream because it’s the only place that affords a view of landmarks? Dropping this compass won’t (necessarily) mean waving goodbye to it, thanks to the buoyant baseplate. The full-size sighting mirror with V-notch make for accurate shots.
- Floating polypropylene body.
- Two-degree graduations and declination scale for easy transition from map bearings to field headings.
- Easy-to-read inch and millimeter rules.
- Full-size sighting mirror with V-notch.
- Dimensions are 5.7 x 7cm.
The earth's magnetic field varies considerably so most compasses are designed to work in the specific hemisphere zones for which they are being used. A global compass can be used anywhere.
Measures angles of slope, elevation or inclination.
Luminous markings allow you to read your compass in dim light conditions.
Sets the compass to indicate true north instead of magnetic north.