Sandbagged by a weather change on route or enroute? Grab this stylish super-light technical jacket out of your closet, fish it from your pack, or unclip it from your harness (it hangs there by a bartacked loop, stuffed into its own pocket). Pull it on over your shirt. The close cut is enhanced by elasticized quilt lines to optimize fit, eliminate air spaces, and allow dynamic motion and long reaches. The DWR-treated shell and PrimaLoft® insulation cope well with mildly damp conditions.
- Shell is 15-denier 100% mini ripstop polyester with DWR. Lined with non-snag polyester.
- Insulation is 40g PrimaLoft One that retains warmth when wet. Locked in place with sewn-through quilting.
- Attached hood can be adjusted easily with one hand.
- Lightweight, ¾-length coil zipper backed with a windflap. Easy to pull on over a helmet.
- Heat trapping elastic at wrists and hem.
- External chest pocket with bar tacked loop doubles as stuff sack.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories: