This top swing/bottom-pull front derailleur is from the mid-range Tiagra line. A quality component at an excellent price.
- 3 chain rings in the front.
- Shifting cable is routed from the bottom.
- 34.9mm clamp with easy access design.
- Multi clamp/bottom-pull construction, with multiple shims for clamping onto a range of seat tube sizes.
- Compatible clamp sizes: 28.6, 31.8 and 34.9mm.
- Top gear teeth: 50T.
- Crank/front derailleur/shifter compatibility: road triple (3 x 9 speed).
- Compatible with 9-speed chains.
Braze-on mounting uses fittings permanently mounted to the frame. Collar mounted derailleurs secure around the seat tube with a clamp. Direct mount are fastened to the chainstay.
Bottom-pull are operated by a cable running from below. Top-pull are operated by a cable running down from above. Dual-pull are equipped to be operated by either top or bottom.
A double is ideal for cranksets with two chainrings. A triple is designed for cranksets with two or three chainrings.