If you're active in the cold, a lightly insulated piece is ideal for preserving heat while letting you move. On a cool day, pull it on during breaks to prevent getting chilled while you're not in motion. The quilted baffles keep the fill in place and keep the silhouette slim.
- Outer fabric and lining are 100% recycled polyester.
- Durable water repellent finish sheds light precipitation.
- 100% recycled polyester insulation.
- Binding tape at shoulders and bottom hem seals wind and weather out.
- Handwarmer pockets, one external chest pocket, one internal security pocket.
- Hip length.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Face fabric||Recycled polyester|
|Insulation||100g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.