MEC RD Windshell Jacket - Men's
When Mother Nature stirs up the breezes, you can pull out this protective wind shell. (RD stands for Rapid Deployment.) Practically undetectable in your pack, it shelters you while it's your turn to belay, when you're taking a quick break or when you're pace drops and you need an extra light layer.
- Made of Toray stretch fabric that provides a nice balance of breathability and wind resistance.
- DWR treatment repels light precipitation.
- Streamlined hood has elasticized binding tape to seal out breezes.
- Collar is lined and has a chin guard so the zipper doesn't chafe your skin.
- Chest pocket inverts into a storage sack for the jacket.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
|Pockets||1 external chest|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Stuffs in own pocket|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Tall arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Not all styles available in 'tall'.