A classic mountaineering axe with modern innovations. The head is angled for comfort when plunging, and the curved shaft suits technical terrain, allowing a stronger swing and giving you some clearance to protect your knuckles. The textured rubber coating gives it a warm, grip-friendly shaft even in cold, cold conditions.
- Lightweight, hot-forged chromoly steel head is curved for comfort. An ergonomic tilt directs the adze into the snow.
- Shaft is ultra-light aluminum, with textured, insulating rubber coating.
- Stainless steel spike is durable and rust proof.
- Pick is thin on the tip (3.5mm), for good penetration through ice, and wide at the middle (8mm), for strength and purchase on soft snow.
- Teeth are positioned and tapered to optimize holding power.
- Head and spike have big biner holes for easy clipping.
|Length||52 cm, 59 cm, 66cm|