La Sportiva Baruntse Mountaineering Boots - Men's
This double-component boot provides exceptional warmth and flexibility, for dexterous mountaineering through technical terrain in full-on winter conditions. The outer boot has five layers to protect and insulate the foot, while the thermomouldable inner boot provides a comfortable, customized fit.
- Outer boot consists of a transparent polyurethane anti-abrasion film, with high-insulation expanded polyester laminated to an additional layer of polyurethane. Another polyester layer is combined with a reflective aluminum layer and an anti-abrasion, protective non-woven netting.
- An ankle hinge guarantees freedom of movement and greater precision when climbing.
- Inner boot is thermomouldable, 7mm high-density EVA, with an anti-abrasion Cordura® nylon envelope.
- Speed-lacing on the inner boot facilitates ingress and egress.
- Midsole is a 6mm fibrous synthetic material with polyester and aluminum layers. This construction resists the conduction of cold up from the ground, and locks in the natural heat produced by the feet.
- Outsoles are Vibram® Montagna.
- Step-in crampon compatible.
|Ideal for||Snow and ice climbing|
The footwear body is constructed from this material.
|Polyurethane + polyester|
Rubber on the toe and around the boot improves durability. It can also increase grip while scrambling.
Rigid boots with defined toe and heel welts can use compatible step-in crampons or any other type of crampon. Rigid boots with a heel welt but no toe welt can use hybrid crampons or strap-on crampons. Semi-rigid boots can use strap-on crampons only.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.
|Removable inner boot||Yes|