These convertible pants/knickers have plenty of technical features, so you can hold your helmet high among your fellow mountain bikers. Yet they're hipster enough to give you cred with your commuting colleagues. The cut is "ride position" to prevent plumber's butt. In pants mode the fabric offers weather protection (but they're not seam-taped, so don't mistake them for full-on rainwear).
- Main fabric is made of 50% nylon, 43% polyester, 7% spandex.
- Trim is 88% polyester, 12% spandex.
- Two front pockets, one side leg phone pocket and two rear pockets.
- Zippered vents on thighs allow temperature regulation.
- Knee dart allows mobility and the use of knee or full leg protective padding.
- Zip-off legs turn the pants into knickers.
- Cinching mechanism on pant hem helps avoid drivetrain entanglement.
- Reinforced stitching and bartacks in critical locations.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Gripper elastics prevent the cycling shorts from riding up and leg and arm warmers from sliding down.