This full-coverage rain suit has taped seams and waterproof fabric that provides excellent protection in soggy conditions. Children will stay dry and comfortable on damp playgrounds, and as they explore wooded trails after a rain.
- Made from a robust nylon mini-ripstop, with a polyurethane coating and a DWR (durable water repellency) finish for maximum waterproofing.
- Seams are fully taped throughout, making it highly waterproof.
- One-piece style provides full coverage and superior protection.
- Two front zips open to the waist, making it relatively easy to get on and off. Storm flaps cover the zippers and protect them from the wet.
- Hood has a brim and elasticized sides to keep water drops away from the child's head and face.
- All cuffs are elasticized for a snug, comfortable fit.
- Reflective trim for heightened visibility.
This Mountain Equipment Cooperative (MEC) giveaway is governed by the following rules. By entering this giveaway, you agree to comply with these rules and with the decisions of MEC and any giveaway judges (which are final and binding), and with applicable laws.
- General Details. The giveaway is void where prohibited or restricted by law. No purchase is necessary to enter. The giveaway closes at 12:00 PM Pacific Time on January 15, 2018, and entries must be received before then to be eligible. The giveaway is open to Canadian residents who are individuals of the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence as of the entry date. Correct answer to a mathematical skill-testing question is required to win. The chances of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received (and, if the giveaway involves voting or judging, the number of votes cast or the judges’ decisions).
- Entry. You may enter the giveaway by commenting on our Facebook giveaway announcement. You are solely responsible for ensuring that your entry is properly submitted (including by properly completing any required registration). You may enter the giveaway only once.
- Eligibility. You do not have to be an MEC member to enter. You may not enter if you are an MEC employee, officer or director, or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) or household member of an MEC employee, officer or director.
- Disqualification. MEC may disqualify you if you do not meet the giveaway’s eligibility criteria, do not comply with or attempt to circumvent these rules, attempt to disrupt or undermine the giveaway, or attempt to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or MEC representatives.
- Winner. Winners will be selected as set out below. MEC will notify you by email, mail or telephone if you have been selected to receive a prize. To be declared a winner and eligible for the prize, you must be in compliance with these rules, and must sign and deliver to MEC (within any period that MEC specifies) a standard declaration and release form, which will include: a declaration of your compliance with these rules, an acceptance of the prize as awarded, a publicity release, a liability release, the correct answer to a skill-testing question, and any other documentation that MEC may require. If you cannot be contacted, or if you do not sign and return any required documentation within the required time period, you will forfeit the prize and your entries will be declared void.
MEC will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries on or around Jan 15, 2018 to select the potential giveaway winner.
MEC expects to announce the names of the final winners on or around Jan 15, 2018.
6. Prize. There is one prize to be won, an Edelrid Boa Eco 9.8mm Rope, in either a 60m or 70m length. The prize(s) must be accepted as awarded (with no substitutions), and may not be sold, transferred or converted into cash.
7. Cancellation. MEC may cancel, change, extend or suspend the giveaway if for any reason MEC cannot run the giveaway as planned. If that occurs, MEC may award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of impairment, or award no prize.
8. Publicity. Except where otherwise prohibited by law, participation in the giveaway constitutes a winner’s consent to MEC’s use of the winner’s name, home town and photograph for promotional purposes without further notification, permission, payment or consideration.
10. Disclaimer. MEC is not responsible for and does not accept liability for any loss or damage resulting directly or indirectly from: (a) your participation in, or inability to participate in, the giveaway; (b) any lost, delayed, misdirected, illegible, incomplete or undeliverable entries, or any delay or failure to transmit, process, receive or consider entries; (c) any technical failures affecting your participation in the giveaway or the operation of the giveaway; (d) any injury or damage to persons or property caused directly or indirectly from your participation in the giveaway; (e) your receipt, use or redemption of any prize, or your inability to receive, use or redeem any prize; or (f) human error, theft, destruction or other factors beyond MEC’s control.
11. Release and Indemnity. By participating in this giveaway you release and agreed to indemnify and hold harmless MEC, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and their employees, directors, officers, affiliates, agents, judges and advertising and promotional agencies from any damages, injuries, claims, causes of action, liability or losses (including actual legal fees and expenses), known or unknown, absolute or contingent, arising from or related to: (a) your failure to comply with any of these rules; (b) your participation in the giveaway; (c) any misrepresentation you make under these rules or otherwise to MEC; or (d) your receipt, use or redemption of any prize, or your inability to receive, use or redeem any prize.
12. Social Media. You acknowledge that the giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram. You and your giveaway entry must comply with Facebook, Instagram, and/or Twitter’s terms of service You hereby completely release Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram and its owners and operators from all liability. You should direct any questions, comments or complaints about the giveaway to MEC and not Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram.
13. Law and Disputes. These rules are governed by the laws applicable in British Columbia. Any disputes, claims or causes of action arising out of or connected with the giveaway, prize or these rules will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court of British Columbia, Canada.
14. For Québec residents. If the Giveaway is operated in Quebec, Canada, any decision to be made by MEC may be subject to a ruling of the Régie des alcools des courses et des jeux du Québec. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity giveaway may be submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
15. Language. The parties have expressly requested that this agreement and any related document be prepared in the English language. Les parties aux présentes ont expressément demandé à ce que cette convention et les documents qui s’y rapportent soient rédigés en anglais.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.