With premium insulation and a waterproof coating, these winter pants keep away the cold. Whether you're skiing, riding, snowshoeing, or even tobogganing, the roomy fit keeps things comfortable.
- Fabric is 100% recycled polyester with a waterproof-breathable polyurethane coating and DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Soft microfleece with DWR finish lines waistband and pockets.
- Gaiters, with gripper elastic at cuffs, cinch to boots and keep snow out.
- Full fly with two full front snaps.
- Two zip-front handwarmer pockets, one thigh pocket.
- Waistband has belt loops and hook-and-loop side tabs to customize fit.
- Ski pass holder at waistband.
- Fully gusseted crotch and articulated knee for easy movement.
- Reinforced knees and bottom hems for added durability.
- Zipper pulls are especially designed to facilitate gloves.
- Lower legs have ½-length zippers, making them a cinch to fit over boots.
- Fit allows for under-layering.
The day you purchased your $5 MEC membership, you became part of a community that’s now five million members strong. You also became a shareholder in this Co-op. Your vote is both a right and a responsibility, and electing representatives you trust to provide informed oversight, passionate stewardship, and sound decision-making is an essential part of securing a vibrant future for MEC.
What you’re voting on
You choose the individuals you’d like to oversee your Co-op on the Board of Directors. Board members are the elected stewards of MEC, and serve three-year terms with the option to run again for a second term. Each year, members elect three candidates to sit on the nine-member Board. The candidates who receive the first, second, and third largest number of votes are elected.
Members also have the opportunity to vote on certain resolutions. Resolutions can provide direction to the Board, change our Rules of Co-operation, and affect the way we do business.
2018 ELECTION RESULTS
As a retail co-op, MEC is owned by its members and is governed by a nine-member Board of Directors elected by the membership. Our goal is strong and balanced leadership, and our nominations process helps us get there.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for people to run for our Board who possess the skills, experience and values needed for MEC to continue to grow and succeed in an increasingly competitive and complex retail environment. Three directors are elected annually and serve for a three-year term, with the option of running for a second term.
Call for nominations
Our nominations process is a measured approach designed to provide MEC’s members with guidance on the Board’s desired skills and attributes, without restricting choice.
The nominations period for the 2019 election will open in October 2018, and the nominee criteria for 2018 will be published then. If you would like to be notified when the nomination period opens please contact the MEC Governance Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018 MEC Board Nominations and Recommendation Process FAQs
|Call for nominations begins||October, 2018|
|Deadline to submit nominations and acceptance of nomination||November, 2018|
|Screening process including interviews and Nomination Committee and Board review||December, 2018 – January 2019|
|Nominees confirmed as candidates||February, 2019|
|2019 Election begins||April, 2019|
|2019 Election finishes||May, 2019|
|2019 AGM||June, 2019|
Need more information?
If you have questions, please contact the MEC Governance Office at email@example.com or call us at (604) 707-2346.