MEC Ace Bicycle
Shop with confidence. If it’s not working out, you can return it (consumables, undergarments and swimwear excluded).
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
Like a hole-in-one or a quick cross-court shot, the Ace is a winner. With higher quality components than most kids' bikes, it's better value, more durable, and easier to ride. Your child will spend so much time cruising around on the Ace you'll wish it came in your size too.
- Lightweight aluminum frame.
- 24 x 2.1in. tires with all-purpose knobby tread, aggressive enough for use on most trails, and works well on hardpack too.
- Mechanical disc brakes apply more force than rim brakes with less effort and hand fatigue, and they work well in wet, dirty conditions.
- RST Capa C24 suspension fork adds comfort and adjusts to varying rider weights.
- A preload feature on the fork lets you adjust it for different rider weights.
- Wellgo double-sided flat pedals with a studded surface for good grip.
- MEC Mountain saddle with chromoly rails.
- Not intended for serious dirt jumping, down hill, or freeriding.
- Made with SRAM and Shimano® parts.
- Sized for kids from eight to eleven, or about 135 to 150cm (4ft. 5in. to 4ft. 11in.).
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes were designed in Canada. Everything from the frames to the graphics was developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
|Frame||MEC 6061 butted aluminum|
|Fork||RST Capa C24|
|Stem||MEC AS-007 65mm +/- 7º|
|Handlebars||MEC Mountain Riser 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano BR-M416 (mechanical disc)|
|Brake levers||Tektro Jr.|
|Shifters||SRAM Twist 3.0|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Altus|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM 3.0|
|Crank + rings||Suntour Jr. 160mm|
|Hub (front)||Joytech Disc|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano Tourney 7-speed 13-28T|
|Tires||Kenda K-Rad 24 x 1.95|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.