Everyone loves the function of a classic cotton hoodie – until the weather turns cold and wet. We built this hoodie from merino wool, so it's warm even on damp days. The material is soft, not scratchy and buffers you against temperature changes. And it's just the right thickness to work year-around as a base layer.
- Made of New Zealand merino wool with natural anti-microbial properties.
- Invisible 15-inch zipper.
- Low-profile flatlock seams for comfort.
- Machine washable with about 6% total shrinkage.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
Measured in grams per square metre (gsm). The larger the number, the heavier and thicker the garment.
|Fabric content||100% merino wool|
A treatment that inhibits bacteria growth and reduces odour.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Petite arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Petite size garments are also proportionally shorter overall. Not all styles are available in 'petite'.