We tested these pants in truly miserable conditions and they met our high expectations. They’re ideal for year-round commuters and hardcore randonneurs alike.
- Made of 100% polyester Entrant®, a waterproof-breathable fabric with Kudos XR DWR (durable water repellency) treatment. It’s very well-suited to cycling because it breathes steadily to keep the rider comfortable.
- The fitted waist construction and articulated knees promote optimal comfort when you’re in riding position.
- The ¾-length, two-way side zippers provide great ventilation.
- Die-cut reflective elements are strategically placed in high-visibility areas to optimize safety.
- Scuff guards help avoid damage from the chain.
- Adjustable Velcro® cuffs will cinch the pant legs tight.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
|Venting||¾-length waterproof leg zips|
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.