Named for a Japanese single-edged sword, these performance shoes will suit experienced climbers with acute footwork skills. Slip lasted, they give you the performance of a lined shoe with the comfort and sensitivity of one that's unlined.
Asymmetric shape provides power to the toe to defeat micro nubbins or foolishly thin edges.
- Uppers are made of Lorica® synthetic leather.
- Unlined, with slip-lasted tube construction.
- Slightly asymmetric, technical fit.
- Midsole has a P3 power platform for added cutting power.
- Sole is 4mm Vibram® XS Edge™ rubber which is more durable and edges better than XS Grip rubber.
A flat profile suits long routes and cracks. Curved shoes allow precision and good edging. Hooked shoes are down-turned and tensioned, for power to the toe on steep or overhanging routes.
Stiffness is provided by the type of sole and the tensioning system. Softer shoes allow more precision. Supportive shoes prevent fatigue.
|Outsoles||4mm Vibram XS Edge|