A women's-specific helmet for climbing and mountaineering. An innovative, headband system adjusts to fit over ponytails. The headband has 2 lateral buttons to fit different head shapes, and folds into the shell to reduce clutter when not in use.
- Shell is lightweight and durable, injection-moulded ABS.
- Expanded polystyrene inner liner absorbs impacts.
- Narrower gauge webbing and a chin strap buckle placed off-centre increases comfort.
- Foam is removable and washable.
- Includes headlamp clips.
- Side openings permit ventilation.
- CE and UIAA approved.
- Fits all, 52-58cm.
- Note: this is not compatible with VIZION face shield.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Fit system||Adjustable suspension system|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).