Even with the best plans, training, and equipment and still encounter the unexpected in the backcountry. For real emergencies, this locator beacon requires no subscription fees to commercial signal carriers. It fits in your pocket or a PFD, and once activated, transmits 2 signals simultaneously. One goes to the global 406 MHz satellite system. The other (121.5 MHz) is a local signal searchers can pinpoint once they're in the vicinity.
- Manually activated SOS strobe helps rescuers spot you at night.
- Battery lasts 5 year in storage. Transmits for minimum 24 hours once activated.
- Built-in 50-channel GPS provides pinpoint location information to speed up response time.
- Self test capabilities for both the battery life and GPS position acquisition.
- You do need to register your beacon with Transport Canada (it's the law). But there's no fee involved. Contact the Canadian Beacon Registry through Transport Canada.
- Submersibly waterproof (though not buoyant).
- Dimensions are 3.4 x 4.7 x 10.6cm.
|Made in||United Kingdom|