For urbane cycle commuters, the Secteur jacket now has matching pants. More tailored and less bulky than other cycling pants (the Splash and Derecho) these are still designed to a pull on for over your everyday clothes. The fabric is wonderfully breathable as well as light and mobile.
- Made of three-layer waterproof breathable fabric with fully taped seams to keep you dry through monsoons and bus-sized splashes.
- Classic, menswear-inspired lines.
- Zip and snap waist closure (like your regular pants).
- 2 zippered front hand pockets.
- 1 back pocket.
- Zippered thigh vents are 23cm long.
- Minimal reflective touches down the outside seams of both legs.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.