For urbane cycle commuters, the Secteur Pants are more tailored than many other styles. Sleek, but still roomy enough to pull on over your everyday wardrobe, they're great to have stashed in your panniers from spring through fall. The fabric is wonderfully breathable as well as light and mobile, so you can make them work as raingear for walking and hiking as well.
- Made of 3-layer waterproof breathable fabric with fully taped seams to keep you dry through monsoons and bus-sized splashes.
- Zip and snap waist closure (like your regular pants).
- 2 zippered front hand pockets.
- 1 back pocket.
- Zippered thigh vents are 23cm long.
- Minimal reflective touches down the outside seams of both legs.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.