We're not saying these shoes will compel you to send 5.12, but with a design that focuses power in the toe, and a flat profile that lets you edge and smear, they'll definitely help you commit to some improbable moves.
- Non-stretch Synthratec synthetic upper for consistent fit.
- Cotton-fibre lining.
- Flat bottom profile for all-around performance.
- Extended toe rand for toe hooking.
- 1.5mm sensitive ¾-length midsoles.
- Sole is 4.2mm TRAX® XT-5 high friction rubber.
- Rand is 2.2mm TRAX duro-rand.
A flat profile suits long routes and cracks. Curved shoes allow precision and good edging. Hooked shoes are down-turned and tensioned, for power to the toe on steep or overhanging routes.
Highly asymmetric shoes allow more precision and focused power. Symmetrical shoes are more comfortable for all-around climbing.
Stiffness is provided by the type of sole and the tensioning system. Softer shoes allow more precision. Supportive shoes prevent fatigue.
|Outsoles||4.2mm Trax XT-5|