A welcome layer over a long-sleeved shirt or under a shell, this weather-resistant vest is designed for high-output activities like cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, and winter running. The tight weave on the face fabric offers wind resistance and serves you well in transition seasons when things are nippy, but not completely frozen over.
- Durable soft shell fabric is treated with DWR to repel light rain and snow.
- Lining is proprietary MEC high-loft fabric with an internal grid pattern that thins about 35% of the weight and enhances breathability and compactibility.
- Fold-over chin guard on zipper.
- Two zippered handwarmer pockets.
- Adjustable shockcord hem.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.