A waterproof-breathable, hardy jacket for skiing and climbing, this is our ain’t-no-mountain-high-enough solution to the unpredictable backcountry. It puts a barrier of GORE-TEX® Pro Shell® between your adventure-hungry self and Mother Nature’s wildest, weirdest storms, and is engineered to play nicely with a harness.
- Made of 100% nylon. Main fabric is a lightweight, supple, 40-denier, with beefy 70-denier reinforcements at the shoulders and sleeves. GORE-TEX Pro Shell laminate is waterproof, windproof, and highly breathable.
- Fully seam-taped construction to keep you dry and comfortable in howling conditions.
- Helmet-compatible hood has a 3-way interior adjustment for a snag-free profile.
- Glued pocket flaps and plackets contribute to the clean, low-profile construction.
- Water-resistant front zip is designed for easy manipulation.
- Chin liner protects tender protrusions from zipper pinches.
- 4 pockets, all with watertight zippers. Zippers are very water-resistant, but not waterproof, so we don't recommend storing items inside the pockets that could be damaged if they get wet.
- 2 handwarmer pockets are strategically placed high, so they won’t interfere with your harness.
- 2 external chest pockets are deep, for stashing a beanie or gloves.
- Armpit vents have 2-way watertight zippers, for releasing heat and perspiration as the climbing gets intense.
- Cuffs are secured with Velcro® tabs for a draft-free fit.
- Hem cord adjusts with toggles at left and right side to seal out harsh winds.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Technology||GORE-TEX Pro Shell|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.