All-mountain hard shell pants with waterproof-breathable versatility for experience-hungry skiers and climbers. Pro Shell® technology makes these the choice for backcountry days that might serve up sleet delivered on a bed of Arctic wind. A minimalist design keeps the weight down so you can move fast and perhaps outpace the worst of the weather.
- Made of GORE-TEX® Pro Shell, 40-denier nylon reinforced with 70-denier panels in areas of high wear. The fabric has excellent breathability and withstands full-on weather and rough terrain.
- Cut high in the waist to overlap with jackets and provide good coverage.
- Two-way front fly zipper.
- Integral elasticized waistband has a button and slider release buckles.
- Water-resistant side zippers are ¾-length, for good venting options and easy access over boots.
- Scuff guards on openings at inside leg.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
|Venting||¾-length waterproof leg zips|
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.