Thoughtful design has whittled the Synergy Jacket down to a featherweight piece that lets you jump on a good-weather window like an adrenalin-fired mountain goat. The GORE-TEX® Pro Shell® offers a barrier against spindrift and unexpected storms. And the adjustable hood and hem slam the door in the face of wind and cold updrafts.
- Made of lightweight, supple, 40-denier 100% nylon. GORE-TEX® Pro Shell® laminate is waterproof, windproof, and highly breathable.
- Fully seam-taped construction keeps out wetness.
- Helmet-compatible hood has a three-way interior adjustment for a snag-free profile.
- Water-resistant front zip is designed for easy manipulation.
- Convenient Napolean-style chest pockets with watertight zippers. Zippers are very water-resistant, but not waterproof, so we don't recommend storing items inside the pockets that could be damaged if they get wet.
- Underarm vents have watertight zippers, for releasing heat and perspiration as the climbing gets intense.
- Hem cord adjusts with 2 toggles to seal out harsh winds.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Technology||GORE-TEX Pro Shell|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
|Pockets||2 external chest|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.