MEC Sandbagger Pants - Men's
Far from being a sandbag, these technical pants will be a boon for getting things done in the mountains. The durable stretch woven fabric resists light rain and wind, making them ideal for alpine routes or long approach slogs. Streamlined, straight cut leg is designed not to flap or get snagged on your crampons. Articulated knees promote unhindered movement.
- DWR treatment sheds light precipitation.
- Two-way zip fly allows relief while wearing a harness.
- Microfleece lined waistband for comfort.
- Right thigh pocket with zip closure.
- Belt loops.
- Two zippered hand pockets close in the down position for comfort under a harness.
- Articulated knees.
- Grommets at hem.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.