For scouting waves or autumn stargazing, this stylish soft shell is like a warm hug on a breezy day. Plush fleece lining is soft against your skin, while the tough face fabric shields you from the wind.
- Made of 63% polyester, 26% nylon, 8% polyurethane, and 3% spandex for stretch, with a DWR (durable water repellency) treatment.
- Generous hood with wide lace tie can be snugged tight against light rain and wind.
- Two-way metal zip.
- Long rib-knit cuffs fold back for a custom fit.
- Two hand pockets lined with plush fleece.
- Rib-knit hem hugs the hips and bum, creating a flattering silhouette.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.