This compact jacket is named for a feather because it's nearly weightless and seriously windproof. It makes a great buffer against cool and blustery weather, when you just have to get out for a ride. Compact enough to stuff in a pocket on days that look fine, but could turn feisty.
- Shell is 100% recycled polyester ripstop with a DWR treatment for water repellency, though it is not fully waterproof.
- One large back pocket with a reflective flap.
- Reflective trim maximizes visibility.
- Exposed zipper operates easily with one-hand while riding.
- Hem and cuff are elasticized to cinch out cold gusts.
- Performance fit limits drag, noise, and flapping.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Pockets||1 back zippered|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Reflective details|