Two stiffnesses of plastic are used to provide rigidity and flexibility for mountaineering and ice-climbing. The soft Pebax shell will not stiffen up in cold weather, and the inner liner features a warm, lace-up liner.
- Fully rigid boot with a hinged Pebax® nylon shell that stays flexible in cold temps.
- Included liner is 4-6mm thick. Expedition liner (6-8mm) is available separately.
- Relatively high volume toe box.
- Shock-absorbing heel insert.
- Cork insole for added insulation.
- Removable footbed.
- Sole rocker allows for comfortable walking and it uses a durable Vibram® rubber outsole.
|Weight||2.53kg (UK Shoe Size 10)|
|Ideal for||Snow and ice climbing|
Rubber on the toe and around the boot improves durability. It can also increase grip while scrambling.
Rigid boots with defined toe and heel welts can use compatible step-in crampons or any other type of crampon. Rigid boots with a heel welt but no toe welt can use hybrid crampons or strap-on crampons. Semi-rigid boots can use strap-on crampons only.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.
|Removable inner boot||Yes|