Two stiffnesses of plastic are used to provide rigidity and flexibility for mountaineering and ice-climbing. The soft Pebax shell will not stiffen up in cold weather, and the inner liner features a warm, lace-up liner.
- Fully rigid boot with a hinged Pebax® nylon shell that stays flexible in cold temps.
- Included liner is 4-6mm thick. Expedition liner (6-8mm) is available separately.
- Relatively high volume toe box.
- Shock-absorbing heel insert.
- Cork insole for added insulation.
- Removable footbed.
- Sole rocker allows for comfortable walking and it uses a durable Vibram® rubber outsole.
|Weight||2.53kg (UK Shoe Size 10)|
|Ideal for||Snow and ice climbing|
The footwear body is constructed from this material.
Rubber on the toe and around the boot improves durability. It can also increase grip while scrambling.
Rigid boots with defined toe and heel welts can use compatible step-in crampons or any other type of crampon. Rigid boots with a heel welt but no toe welt can use hybrid crampons or strap-on crampons. Semi-rigid boots can use strap-on crampons only.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.
|Removable inner boot||Yes|