At home on streets and sidewalks when the rain comes in sideways, this long-cut piece is excellent for jaunts around town and travel to coastal cities. The Bon Vivant Jacket uses a lighter fabric, that's softer, less-crinkly than previous, and it's fully recycled. The jacket has been restyled too for a more elegant urban look.
- The waterproof-breathable laminate is recycled 100% polyester with a subtle ripstop weave and a touch of stretch.
- 2 cargo style handwarmer pockets with button closures.
- Attached hood adjusts with three-button option on back and a drawcord.
- Plush microfleece chin guard for comfort.
- Full zip closure with snap-button wind flap. The zip stops short of the bottom hem to allow mobility.
- Back vertical gusset for freedom of movement.
- Mid-thigh length.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
|Face fabric||Recycled polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
|Pockets||2 front cargo|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.