Sure, the Borough is positioned as an urban cycling jacket, but that doesn’t mean you won’t blend in with non-riding folk when you’re off the saddle and at your destination. With subtle reflective accents and a flattering fit, it’s designed to be both a functional piece of riding gear and a nice looking spring coat. Bonded soft shell panels are weather-resistant, yet breathable in the right spots to minimize overheating.
- Made primarily of polyester with some spandex for stretch and a durable water repellency (DWR) finish to shed water.
- Chest, shoulders, middle back, and arms have an additional polyurethane membrane for rain and wind protection.
- Underarms, side panels, and lower hem are without the additional membrane to increase breathability of jacket.
- Two front hand pockets.
- One centre back pocket.
- Strategically placed reflective trim for maximum visibility in traffic.
- Gusseted cuffs cinch nicely over riding gloves or zip open fully to allow for better air flow.
- Front zip wind flap is flanked by snap closures to keep warmth in and cold gusts out.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories: