Named for a classic 34-pitch route in the Bugaboos, and designed for moving rapidly in the mountains. The fleece is extremely lightweight and has the features of a true mid-layer. When you're working hard, you can shed your outer layer and the high air-permeability allows the wind to carry off heat and moisture, so you don't get soaked with sweat. When you start to cool down, pull on a shell jacket without feeling all bulked up, and the fabric continues to transport moisture vapour out and away.
- Stretch fleece fabric is resilient and doesn't lose its loft. Made of 100% polyester.
- Warm with high air-permeability to transport moisture.
- Flatseam construction for comfort under layers.
- Balaclava-style hood.
- Full-length zip with a foldover chin guard.
- Minimalist, alpine-oriented design and cut. The waist won't ride up when you're putting in a high piece, navigating a steep traverse, or swinging an ice tool.
- Single zippered pocket (get over it, that's why you have a pack).
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Fabric content||100% polyester|
|Pockets||1 external chest|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.