Softer yet stronger. The latest generation of these fast, light trail runners offers enhanced cushioning and improved durability.
- Uppers are quick-drying breathable mesh, with synthetic panels for support and abrasion resistance.
- Protective rubber toe caps.
- Gusseted tongue with lace pocket stays in position and keeps out debris.
- Asymmetric Quicklace system with low-friction eyelets.
- New dual-density Energy Cell 2 EVA midsoles provide full-length cushioning and support, energy rebound, and pronation control.
- TPU stability plate under the heel and arch area branches into medial and lateral forefoot extensions to give additional support.
- Outsoles are non-marking Contagrip® rubber.
- Moderate motion control.
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
|19.5 - 8.5 mm|
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.