Named for an epic poem about a ten-year siege, these all-mountain shorts suit similarly heroic, though perhaps slightly shorter rides. Lightweight and tough, they've been put through their paces in our gear testers’ favourite locales. This installment of the ever-evolving Iliad features a refined fit, a new fabric, and colour palette that works better with MTB jerseys.
- Made of a woven double-weave, 88% polyester, with 12% spandex for epic stretch, and a DWR (durable water repellency) finish.
- Front fly with zipper.
- Adjustable waist with two low-profile custom buckles.
- One zippered side pocket.
- One covered rear pocket.
- Ride position ready with a gusseted crotch and engineered seat.
- Reinforced seams and bartacks at critical points.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Gripper elastics prevent the cycling shorts from riding up and leg and arm warmers from sliding down.
A treatment that inhibits bacteria growth and reduces odour.
|Additional feature(s)||Gusseted crotch|
|Product sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|