Designed to be tough and protective, this next-generation of the popular Cascadia should see you through many miles. The characteristics of a superior running shoe are blended with the toughness of an off-road shoe, and a new midsole/ outsole package offers cushioning at lighter weight than the previous models.
- Uppers are made of synthetic microfibre overlay with moisture managing mesh and lining.
- Closed-cell hydrophobic foam in tongue and heel prevent water absorption in wet conditions.
- Protective overlay in toe and forefoot rand.
- Midsoles have S-257 (a blend of EVA and rubber) full-length sockliner to provide a durable cushioning layer above the main midsole. BioMoGo co-polymer foam provides better cushioning, rebound, and durability than conventional EVA.
- A non-toxic additive allows the midsole foam to breakdown 50 times faster than conventional EVA in typical anaerobic landfills.
- DNA (highly viscous fluid) is incorporated into the midsole in high impact zones to improve cushioning and rebound. It remains flexible under low-impact conditions while providing a supportive platform under your foot for high-impact loads.
- Flexible thermoplastic EVA rock shields are slotted between the mid and outsoles.
- Uniquely shaped, integral pivot structures are incorporated in the medial and lateral rear midfoot and the medial and lateral forefoot of the midsole to minimize force on the sides of the shoe when running on uneven terrain.
- Outsoles are durable non-petroleum dispersed silica compound for excellent wet-dry traction. Newly designed multi-directional lug pattern provides good uphill/downhill traction.
- Neutral platform.