Providing 8x magnification, these waterproof binoculars are rugged enough for outdoor activities and are good for observing wildlife or for scoping distant lines. The high-eyepoint design provides a clear field of view for everyone, including those who wear glasses.
- Waterproof (up to 1m for 5 minutes) and fog-free with nitrogen gas filling.
- Turn-and-slide rubber eyecups are easy to position at the proper eyepoint.
- Multilayer coated lenses and a large objective diameter provide good image clarity.
- Eco-glass optics are free of lead and arsenic.
- Rubber housing for shock resistance and a firm, comfortable grip.
- Magnification 8x.
- Objective diameter is 40mm.
- Angular field of view (real / degree) is 8.2.
- Angular field of view (apparent / degree) is 65.6.
- Field of view is 143m at 1000m.
- Exit pupil is 5mm.
- Relative brightness is 25.
- Eye relief is 17.2mm.
- Close focus is 5m.
|Ideal for||Everyday use|
This tells you how many times an object is magnified when observed through the binoculars.
The diameter of the objective lens will impact how bright, sharp, and comfortable your view is. Generally, bigger is better.
Lens coatings reduce light loss and glare to increase contrast and diminish eyestrain. Coated: one layer on external surfaces only. Fully coated: every surface is coated. Multi-coated: multiple layers on some of the surfaces. Fully multi-coated: multiple layers on every optical surface.
Field of view
The widest dimension of circular viewing area that you can see.
The nearest distance at which the binoculars will focus on an object.
A measure of image brightness. The greater the realtive brightness number the better the binoculars will perform in dim light.
The diameter of the objective (outside) lens divided by the binocular's magnification. It indicates the amount of light that reaches your eye (most noticeable in low light conditions). Higher numbers offer brighter images.
The distance between the eyepiece and your eye while still allowing entire field of view. Long eye relief is good for eyeglass wearers.
|Dimensions||13.8 x 6.3cm|
Waterproof binoculars are assembled with O-rings and are purged with nitrogen to avoid condensation. They are ideal for boating or use in rainy weather.