Classic as the cedar-strip canoe and the toasted marshmallow, these casual pants are an easy option for summer through fall. Dress them up with a sweater or tunic, or dress them down with a simple cotton T-shirt.
- Made of 98% organically grown cotton, and 2% LYCRA® in a softly peached stretch twill.
- Jean-style pockets: two in front with one small change pocket; two rear patch pockets with stitching detail.
- Brass fly with a button closure and narrow belt loops.
- Rear yoke.
- Narrow through the knees with a subtle boot cut at hem.
- Inseam length is 82cm (32in.).
Wondering what to bring hiking? Even if you’re only planning to be out for a few hours on a day hike, it’s important to pack some essential items. Weather can change quickly outdoors, and something as simple as a rolled ankle might mean you’re out longer than expected.
The essentials for hiking and camping (or any activity in the backcountry) are often called “The 10 Essentials.” The 10 essentials list below is adapted from Mountaineering: Freedom of the Hills, which groups the essentials into systems.
Before you start packing
Be a smart hiker by being prepared. Knowledge and skills won’t fit in your backpack, but they’re critical to have – if you’re a beginner, check out local hiking groups and learn tips at MEC backcountry workshops. Know your route and plans before you leave, always leave a trip plan with a trusted friend, and make sure your footwear is trail-worthy and comfortable.
the 10 essentials (plus 1):
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.