MEC Khamsin Hoodie - Men's
This technical midlayer is lightweight and breathable enough for alpine terrain. The fabric is low-loft fleece that provides a good level of insulation for ticking your way up a pitch. An external coating resists the abrasive properties of exfoliating granite and provides moisture protection when you're wearing it on its own.
- Made of low-loft fleece, 88% polyester, 12% spandex.
- Polyurethane and ceramic finish on the flat surface of the fabric increases its resistance to abrasion and prevents it from getting scruffy.
- Close fit hood won't block your vision.
- Full-length zip with a fold-over chin guard.
- Generous left chest pocket is accessible with one hand.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Pockets||1 external chest|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Tall arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Not all styles available in 'tall'.