This technical midlayer is lightweight and breathable enough for alpine terrain. The fabric is low-loft fleece that provides a good level of insulation for ticking your way up a pitch. An external coating resists the abrasive properties of exfoliating granite and provides moisture protection when you're wearing it on its own.
- Made of low-loft fleece, 88% polyester, 12% spandex.
- Polyurethane and ceramic finish on the flat surface of the fabric increases its resistance to abrasion and prevents it from getting scruffy.
- Close fit hood won't block your vision.
- Full-length zip with a fold-over chin guard.
- Generous left chest pocket is accessible with one hand.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.